Monday, October 13, 2008

Essential Question #2: Why do you want to become a teacher?

I have wanted to be a teacher for as long as I can remember. It used to be my favorite game to play as a child. As a child, I think I thought it was fun to be in charge. Now that I am older, I have different reasons, but I still know that becoming a teacher is what I want to do. I love working with kids. I think they have the greatest perspective on life. I enjoy being around them and I really enjoy helping them learn new things. I think teaching helps the teacher learn things too. Sometimes as I am teaching someone something new, I may explain it in such a way that I explore a new aspect of the subject. Also, I think kids can teach us things. Teachers don't always know everything! I want to be a teacher so I can continue to learn.

Especially in the music classroom, I think teachers get to have a lot of fun. This is another reason why I want to be a teacher. There are so many things we can do with music to have fun while learning. I love exposing children to music they've never experienced before. There are many, many reasons why I want to become a teacher, but these are just a few of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi, I believe you are going to make a great teacher. This is such a great start to your many reasons, and I think this is going to be a wonderful part of your final paper for these blogs. I also agree with you on the fact that we will have much to learn from our students as they will have much to learn from us. Definetly expand on these ideas- the folks hiring you would love to know all of this!

Cody B said...

Jodi,
I agree completely that teachers don't know everything and can learn much from students. It's great to see your dedication to teaching and how passionate you are about the profession. You're going to make a great band director!